Thursday, March 7, 2013

Kayla Bostwick, Social Media Expert

Hi! I’m Kayla, a junior at PLU. I am a marketing major with a minor in math. I played basketball my first year here at PLU until I was injured and decided to take a different path and focus more on school and my career.

When I’m not working or being a student I like exploring the beautiful Pacific Northwest and spending time with my boyfriend, our roommates, and our crazy cat. I also enjoy the culinary arts and creating new and exciting recipes that are parallel my active lifestyle. If I had more free time I would spend it finding new areas to hike and explore. Eventually I would like to get started on my long bucket list and explore my hobby of outdoor recreation around the world.

With a degree in marketing and a love of outdoor rec., my dream job would be marketing and finding scholarship money and grants available for high schools students to go on the research and adventure trips with companies like REI, National Geographic, and the Discovery Channel Network. I always wanted to go on the trips when I was in high school, even college, to learn more about what different areas around the world had to offer, or where help was needed. The trips, however, are thousands of dollars for very short periods of time; therefore not many students, or people in general, have the funds to go.

My area of expertise for this blog lies in social and digital media marketing. Companies are vastly expanding into this area of marketing, after all this is where our world is heading, the new and ever evolving world of the Internet. We have sites like Facebook and LinkedIn to let people know who we are and what we do; then there are sites like FourSquare to tell people where we are. Companies have even installed facial recognition software that recognize when you walk into a store and automatically check you in these sites and many more.

It goes on and on and on, and just when you think you’re getting the hang of it something new and improved comes out. Companies who were huge in the 90s and even early in the new millennium are falling because they can’t keep up on promoting their business online. So, my job is to tell you a little bit about how companies are promoting their business online and what this whole ‘social media’ thing is even all about.

Not too bad for my first blog, now the rest will come a little easier – hopefully.

Here’s a completely unrelated, but super awesome video.



See you soon!!
Kayla Bostwick, Social Media Expert <!-- MetaTags - Online Meta Tag http://www.onlinemetatag.com -->

1 comment:

  1. Nice introduction. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete